Looking for an opportunity to talk about books? Looking for other people with similar reading interests? Looking to start a book club in your local area of the Gold Coast? Come along to the next Open Book Club session near you and make it happen. Find out when the next Open Book Club is happening at your nearest branch library in the calendar of events
Community book clubs are welcome to post their contact and event details on this site. Just email us the details and we’ll add you to the list!
Book clubs are held at the following branch libraries:
- Broadbeach, on the fourth Saturday of each month from 10am to noon
- Burleigh Waters, on the fourth Thursday of each month from 10am to 11am
- Elanora, on the first Thursday of each month from 10am to 11am, and the third Tuesday of each month, also from 10am to 11am.
- Helensvale, on the third Wednesday of each month from 10.30am to 11.30am
- Runaway Bay, on the third Tuesday of each month, from 10am to 11 am
- Southport, on the third Tuesday of each month, from 10am to 11am. An audiobook club is also held on the third Wednesday of each month, from 10.30am to noon.
- An audiobook club, organised by BATA for vision impaired customers, is held at Runaway Bay Branch Library. It meets every four weeks, on Wednesdays.
- Nerang Branch Library hosts book clubs on the last Wednesday of each month from 2pm to 3.30pm, and the last Thursday of the month from 10am to 11.30am. New members are welcome.
- Robina Book Lovers book club meet on the third Friday of each month at the Robina Branch Library from 10am to 11.30am. New members are welcome. One title is listed as the discussion book each month, and members also discuss other titles they have read. A list of books discussed is then supplied to participants at the following meeting.
Book clubs at other venues on the Gold Coast include:
- Caffeine and Chapters Social Book Club meets at Westfield Helensvale from 5.30pm on the 4th Thursday of each month. Over a meal and/or coffee they discuss their latest (optional) themed read. For more information email: email@example.com or ring Maxine on 0431 196 807 for more information. They look forward to seeing you at their next meeting!
- The Gold Coast Book Lovers meet at the heritage listed Ceramic House, Bischof Park, Nerang (next to 54 Nerang St. shops) from 7 pm – 9pm on the 2nd Monday of every month (except public holidays). For more information, please contact Claudia on 0403 480 575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Southern Gold Coast Book Club is for people who want to mix eating, drinking and talking about books. We meet once a month at different restaurants and cafes from Tweed Heads to Mermaid Beach. We alternate between Wednesdays at 7pm one month, to Saturday at 1:30pm the following month. We welcome new people who want to try different genres and meet fellow book lovers. Please email Inez, email@example.com for the next book club meeting. You can also find us at facebook – Gold Coast Book Lovers.
- Springbrook: They are starting a book club at Springbrook! If you are a booklover, if you enjoy reading books, if you would like to read more books, if you would enjoy listening to other people discuss books they have read, or if you would enjoy a pleasant time with friends. Phone Barbara on 5533 5383 for more details.